Let’s get the word out to readers
How you market your book will play a critical role in its success, and we are here to guide and support you however you need. As a Wonderwell author, your Marketing Specialist will meet with you to discuss your unique blend of strengths, weaknesses, and objectives in order to determine where you should focus your time and financial resources for maximum results. From this, they will prepare a marketing recommendations report and a custom launch timeline complete with calendared action items. One-on-one book launch coaching sessions will ensure you’re ready for your publication day.
In addition, we offer a range of optional add-on packages (below) to suit your needs—which are also available à la carte to authors who aren’t in our publishing program. Just email email@example.com for a custom proposal.
Essential Marketing Package
This package includes all of the essential marketing activities that every book needs when going into retail distribution, and is a standard component of our Best Book Program.
- Book Launch Guide: Everything you need to know about timelines, publicity and media relations, events, online promotions, network activation, platform growth, content marketing, and more.
- Author Platform Audit
- Marketing Strategy Sessions + Recommendations
- Pre-Launch Coaching Sessions
- Guidance on Endorsement Outreach
- Book Trade Media Outreach
- Promotional Graphics
- Metadata Optimization/Keyword Selection
- Guidance on Amazon and Goodreads Author Pages
- Book Page on Wonderwell.press
- Digital Advance Reader Copy
Media + PR Campaigns
Our book launch media campaigns target traditional and new media to drive author interviews, book reviews, and features. Activities will include:
- Press Kit Development
- National, Local, and Online Media Outreach
- Excerpt Selection
- Weekly Reports
Book Launch Marketing
This highly flexible, retainer-based service includes 20 hours per month of marketing support that can be put toward a wide range of potential activities, the specifics of which will be determined in the strategy sessions provided in your Essential Marketing Package. Our marketing team’s activities may include:
- Content Creation
- Pre-Order Incentive Strategy
- Author Network Activation:
- Media Outreach/Self-Implemented PR Campaign
- Influencer/Partnership Outreach
- Book Promo Kit
- Street Team Coordination
- Social Media and Email Strategy
- Virtual Author Event
- Book Award Submissions
The marketing was fantastic. The thought that the Wonderwell team put into what we needed to do and how we needed to do it, and then working together with my marketing team was a really great experience. We not only reached #1 on Amazon new releases in two different categories, but have made a huge impact on readers.
Author Website Design + Build
This service provides the strategic planning, design, and development of an author website to serve as your professional home base on the Internet, including:
- Content Strategy
- User Experience
- Branding and Design
- SEO Optimization
- Admin/Web Hosting Logistics
If you already have a website, but would like guidance and hands-on help with adding a landing page, we can provide a scaled-down version of our website-building service.
Social Media Jump-Start
This service will get you up and running on social media and establish you in a content creation and posting routine that you can comfortably sustain, whether on your own or with helpers.
- Strategy + Objective-Setting Session
- Content Calendar
- Design Templates
- Two-Week Content Ramp-Up
- Training Sessions and Process Documentation
Overwhelmed with the idea of dealing with social media while you’re still gearing up for the book launch? We offer a Social Media Book Launch Campaign Management Add-On, where we provide hands-on management of your book-related social posts during the crucial pre-order and on-sale windows.
Email Strategy + Content Package
Email marketing is one of the most powerful tools in driving book sales. Whether you already have an active email list/newsletter or want to get one started, we can help with:
- Strategy + Objective-Setting Session
- Four-Month Editorial Calendar
- Email Sequence/Content Planning
Paid Advertising Plan and Execution
Advertising can be expensive, and it’s often difficult to decide where your money is best spent. Let us apply our decades of publishing expertise to building and executing a custom ad plan for your book, which may include:
- Trade (Retailer-Focused) Ads
- Targeted Email Ads
- Amazon Ads
- Google Search, Display, and Remarketing Ads