Success Story: Celebrate a Brand Milestone
John Fluevog, author of FLUEVOG: 50 Years of Unique Soles for Unique Souls
Iconic shoe designer John Fluevog has been creating wild and wonderful footwear for rebels and rock stars for fifty years. What better way to give back to Fluevogers around the world than with a stunning coffee table book chronicling the story of his life and work?
Success Story: Create Social Impact
Brad Aronson, author of HumanKind
“Maggie and the team meshed best with my mission. I could get hands-on help and not be one of many authors.”
- Brad Aronson was a first-time author who was driven to effect social change with his book. Our hybrid publishing model allowed him to channel all of his profits to the charity of his choice.
- 100% of author royalties donated to Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Wall Street Journal bestseller and USA Today bestseller
Success Story: Jump Start a Speaking Career
Claire Booth, author of The Achiever Fever Cure
“I could not have asked for a better experience as a first-time author. Special thanks to [Editorial Director] Sarah for her thoughtful, respectful, and surgical editing. And thanks to Maggie for appealing to the achiever in me by looking me in the eyes at our first meeting and asking, ‘So, are you going to do this?’ How could I say no?!”
Success Story: Expand Audience Reach
Venkat Venkatraman, author of The Digital Matrix
“Writing for professional managers is daunting, especially for someone who has written mainly for an academic audience. For my maiden venture, I decided to forge a non-traditional path by working with a hybrid publisher rather than a traditional university-based press. This is because I believed in publisher Maggie Langrick’s vision to help first-time authors craft compelling books for a broader audience. And I am so pleased that I chose this avenue.”
I wanted a book that was high quality and presented well, and I’m very pleased with the end result. Working with [Editorial Director] Sarah was delightful. Very professional and very smart. She expressed a real interest in the project and seemed to enjoy doing it. That makes it much more fun, when someone enjoys what you’re up to.
Success Story: Promote Expertise
- Since its publication in 2016, Discipline Without Damage by Dr. Vanessa Lapointe has achieved bestseller status in Canada, and she has developed a loyal following in Australia as a parenting expert.
- Her follow-up, Parenting Right From the Start, is a Benjamin Franklin Award silver winner.
- Sold translation rights to publishers in Germany and Hungary